Portfolio Website Mail Me Facebook Atom Feed Tumblr Etsy Shop Home Image Map

Monday 25 February 2013

A Calendar Of Tales |September|






A while ago, Neil Gaiman tweeted twelve simple questions to the world. For each question, he picked one answer that inspired him and he wrote twelve short stories each based upon such an answer.

But that's not all, oh no. Mr Gaiman isn't done collaborating with us yet and thus:

The next stage is art. I made stories inspired by replies, now I want the stories to inspire art. Something we can make a calendar out of  "

I love Neil Gaiman's work and since this is as close as I'm ever going to get to "working with him" I got really really excited when I read about this. And that was even before I read the stories. They're all absolutely wonderful, and all very image-evoking. I picked September (after much debate).

You can go read the stories [here] and you can submit your images (you can make as many as you like!) untill the 11th of March. Neil will pick one for each month and those images will be featured in an e-book.

Either way, I'm keeping the stories on file for when I'm next lost for a subject again. Or maybe for when I just want a good little read. (And, damn, drawing birds is tough!)


1 comment:

  1. Awesome bird! I love the feathers , lighting and warm colours. and also the details in the ring. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...