Portfolio Website Mail Me Facebook Atom Feed Tumblr Etsy Shop Home Image Map

Monday 3 September 2012

Autumn Walk





Ah autumn, how I love to hate you. The weather is starting to shift and even though it's still warm, it's a different kind of warm than a few weeks ago. At the risk of sounding totally cliché: you can smell it in the air. When that first wisp of fall reached my nostrils, I felt positively resentful. How dare it have come knocking on  our doors already and take our beloved summer away. The thought of the cold dark (and if you live in Belgium, rainy) days of winter to come always have me forget for a moment what beauty autumn has to offer. Because there are autumn walks, after all.

It's no longer warm enough to walk outside without a jacket or maybe even a scarf, but you don't have to go full-on Inuit yet either, which makes for that real cosy and snug feeling. Bonus: you can take all that fabulous knit wear out of your closet again. The sun is still shining so even if her warmth is slowly failing, her light is still there to help you ward of that pesky winter blues for another couple of weeks. And then when you go outside, the colours in nature are all glowing and gorgeous. And then after your walk, when you get back inside to enjoy that hot cup of cocoa, you can feel your cheecks getting slightly flushed, all rosy and healthy.

I may wish I lived in a warmer climate every so often, and I stand by my point that autumn definately has to wait it's turn, but I couldn't bear to miss it either. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...