Portfolio Website Mail Me Facebook Atom Feed Tumblr Etsy Shop Home Image Map

Monday 27 August 2012

Dressing the Part



I confess, I'm a bit of a fashion victim. I love clothes, shoes, accesories, you name it. I love how you can highlight different aspects of your personality by dressing in a different style, or even play at being someone else for the day by means of your outfit. I even like playing actual legitimate dress-up (Halloween is creeping closer, yay!) 

My mother's aunt, who was like a grandmother to me,  walked around totally casual around the house, but was always dressed to a tee when going out or even just for dinner at home. She taught me (amongst many other things) this life motto: when you feel your worst, dress your best. When you feel like you've been run over by a bus and you then go ahead and dress the part, it will do absolutely nothing to uplift your mood. If you wear your pretty dress, the pretty might start do rub off on you during the day and before you know it you could be feeling much better. And if you don't, at least you can sulk through the day knowing you looked kick ass doing so.

For those who don't know it yet, go check out The Sartorialist. A never ending stream of fashion inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...