Portfolio Website Mail Me Facebook Atom Feed Tumblr Etsy Shop Home Image Map

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Bicycle


When I first read this week's prompt for Illustration Friday ('bicycle') my initial reaction was : Thanks, but no thanks. There are few things I am worse at than at drawing bicycles. I find them extremely difficult to get right. So I thought I'd let this one pass me by. But then I started looking through the entries that were already posted, got inspired, and decided to give it a go after all. I guess that's what IF is all about, right?

This is watercolours, coloured and graphite pencil, then scanned, and the final patern in the background was made and inserted with Photoshop. I made a little slideshow of the whole process. Thought it might be fun to let you see the different stages.





Oh, and although the bike is far from perfect (I think I got about three different perspectives going on in there if you look closely :)), this is by far the best bicycle I have ever drawn.

9 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I share your apprehension about this week's topic. I a STILL waiting for inspiration to strike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the summery feeling to this one, it quite invites to a bikeride :). Keep'em rolling in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a GORgeous bicycle! The illo has a warm glow about it that is comforting. Thanks for visiting my etegami blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by my site! i think you've drawn a beautiful bike. to be honest, i hate drawing them too, that' why I opted for a no ruled lines, anything goes approach. cheating much? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you did the challenge. Great design , colours .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I hate drawing bicycles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your drawing is amazing! Very impressive and I love it..You could be an artist you know.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The explained process. I am very familiar with the entire set-up, and have done work almost identical to the ones shown.
    bike

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...