Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Bicycle


When I first read this week's prompt for Illustration Friday ('bicycle') my initial reaction was : Thanks, but no thanks. There are few things I am worse at than at drawing bicycles. I find them extremely difficult to get right. So I thought I'd let this one pass me by. But then I started looking through the entries that were already posted, got inspired, and decided to give it a go after all. I guess that's what IF is all about, right?

This is watercolours, coloured and graphite pencil, then scanned, and the final patern in the background was made and inserted with Photoshop. I made a little slideshow of the whole process. Thought it might be fun to let you see the different stages.





Oh, and although the bike is far from perfect (I think I got about three different perspectives going on in there if you look closely :)), this is by far the best bicycle I have ever drawn.

11 comments:

  1. You did a great job! I share your apprehension about this week's topic. I a STILL waiting for inspiration to strike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the summery feeling to this one, it quite invites to a bikeride :). Keep'em rolling in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a GORgeous bicycle! The illo has a warm glow about it that is comforting. Thanks for visiting my etegami blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by my site! i think you've drawn a beautiful bike. to be honest, i hate drawing them too, that' why I opted for a no ruled lines, anything goes approach. cheating much? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you did the challenge. Great design , colours .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I hate drawing bicycles :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A simple twist of the wrist and you can move between the first, second and thrd gears with ease and the chain doesn't move at all Affordable Cruiser Bicycle.
    cruiser bikes

    ReplyDelete
  8. your drawing is amazing! Very impressive and I love it..You could be an artist you know.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The explained process. I am very familiar with the entire set-up, and have done work almost identical to the ones shown.
    bike

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...