Portfolio Website Mail Me Facebook Atom Feed Tumblr Etsy Shop Home Image Map

Sunday 31 August 2014

Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us




This piece is sort of a case study for an idea for a graphic novel that's been mulling around in my head. It's still not fully fledged but it's centered around bluegrass music. I've always had a weak spot for that beautiful music style and I've always wished I could play and write those type of songs myself. Unfortunately I never learned to play an instrument (this may still be fixed at some point in my life) and I'm not a great singer (I'm afraid there's no cure for that one :)); so my lingering dreams of ever recording a bluegrass album will stay just that, unless I do it using the instruments I do master: pencils, paint, wacom tablet and so on. So that's the basic set-up: I'll write an album. Illustrating existing standards, maybe writing some new lyrics myself. I'm not sure yet if it'll be just these bits and pieces, or if I'll let it revolve around a story to tie it all together. Anyways, this is the first step for all of that. It's available as a print in my Society6 shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...