Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Cultivate



My favourite part of summer is the herb garden and the wonderful smells that it brings with it. I'm not a big gardener but I just about manage to keep herbs alive :)

This was a pencil sketch, then completed and coloured in trusty Photoshop. I'm a big fan of textures but I sometimes think I use them too gratuitously and over-work some of my pieces as a result. I consciencely stayed away from them here to get another look and feel for a change. I'm pretty happy with it.

10 comments:

  1. I really like this... the colors, the composition are great! So fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. encantador!!! Gostei das plantas na janela e a moça olhando.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful and expressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this little garden! : ) im not much of a gardener either, but im trying my hand at it with some pots here and there : ) Great Illustration : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work! Great colors, and I love her contented expression.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, such a great style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heel mooi!! Geeft een zomerig gevoel :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey she is just being modest, she's actually a pretty good gardener. Jet another great entry, is there no word out there that can form a challenge to her creativity? :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...